FEDERAL PUBLIC SERVICE COMMISSION COMPETITIVE EXAMINATION FOR RECRUITMENT TO POSTS IN BPS-17, UNDER THE FEDERAL GOVERNMENT, 2016
O Select the best option and fill in the appropriate box on the Answer Sheet:
- Who was the first Ustadh of Darul-Uloom Deoband?
(a) Haji Aabid Hussain (b) Maulana Mahtab All
(c) Maulana Zul Faqqar All (d) Maulana Muhammad Oasim Nanotavi
- Who among the following Mughal rulers was a contemporary of Queen Elizabeth I of England?
(a) Humayun (b) Akbar (c) Jahangir (d) Shah Jahan
- Ruling party in Punjab after 1937 elections was:
(a) Hindu Election Board (b) Khalsa National Board
(c) Unionist Party (d) Akalis
- Who was the author of the book “The Spirit of Islam”?
(a) Yasser Latif Hamdani (b) Syed Ameer Ali
(c) Mahadev Gobind Ranade (d) Major R. D. Osbom
- “We Have Learnt Nothing From History”, written by:
(a) Hasan Askari Rizvi (b) Air Marshal M. Asghar Khan
(c) Ayesha Siddiqa (d) Mushahid Hussain Syed
- The Last Mughal: The Fall of a Dynasty, Delhi,” 1857, written by:
(a) William Dalrymple (b) Dervla Murphy
(c) Andre Aciman (d) Sean O’Reilly
- Foundation stone of the historic Islamia College Peshawar (ICP) was laid by:
(a) Sir Sahibzada Abdul Qayum Khan (b) Haii Sahib of Turangzai
(c) Sir George Roos-Keppel (d) Bibi Gul, the widow of Khairullah Khan
- Arya Samaj movement was launched by:
(a) Karsamji Tiwari (b) Swami Davanand Saraswati
(c) Dayananda-Lala Hansaraj (d) Lala Lajpat Rai
- Which infamous law was passed by Lord Dalhousie?
(a) Indian Slavery Act, 1843 (b) Hindu Widows Remarriage Act, 1856
(c) Caste Disabilities Removal Act, 1850 (d) Doctrine of Lapse
- Book “Gold and Guns” published in 1945, was banned in 1947 in NWFP (Kyber Pukhtunkhwa) by:
(a) Dr Khan Sahib (b) Abdul Oavvum Khan
(c) Abdur Rauf Seemab (d) Khan Abdul Ghaffar Khan
- Most important offer by Muslims in Delhi proposals was:
- Constitutional reforms in NWFP/Balochistan
- Separatism of Sind from Bombay
- One third seat for Muslims
- Giving up Separate electorate demand
- Why Simon Commission was failed?
- There was no Indian member in the Commission
- Indians never wanted the review of the working of the Act of 1919
- It recommended that Diarchy in the Provinces should be abolished
- None of these
- Who helped Liaquat Ali Khan to make Objectives Resolution?
(a) Pir of Manki Sharif (b) Maulana Shabbir Ahmad Usmani
(c) Maulana Akram Khan (d) Maulana Maududi
- Who was Pakistan’s first law minister and interim head of the Constituent Assembly?
(a) Chandra Chattopad hyay (b) Bhupendra Kumar Dana
(c) Jogendra Nath Mandal (d) Raj Kumar Chakraverty
- Which charismatic Bengali leader was PM of Pakistan?
(a) Husevn Shaheed Suhrawardv (b) Khawaja Nazimuddin
(c) Nurul Amin (d) Feroz Khan Noon
- The Pirpur report of 1938 was prepared by:
(a) S. M. Shareef (b) Baia Saved Muhammad Mehdi
(c) Fazlul Huq of Bengal (d) Js. Sachar
- 1970 election was held under:
(a) Adult franchise basis (b) Non-party basis
(c) LFO (Legal Framework Order) (d) None of these
- What was the purpose of 21st Amendment in constitution?
- The establishment of the military courts
- Impose Shariah law
- Created Speedy Trial Court for 3 years
- Removed the power of President of Pakistan
- Quaid-e-Azam Solar Park is located near:
(a) Multan (b) Bahawalpur (c) Sukkur (d) Rahaim Yar Khan
- Live storage capacity of Terbela reservoir had declined more than:
(a) 30.5% (b) 32.5% (c) 33.5% (d) 35.5%
Note: Currently it is 37.525% as per Hydrographic Survey 2017