FEDERAL PUBLIC SERVICE COMMISSION COMPETITIVE EXAMINATION FOR RECRUITMENT TO POSTS IN BPS-17, UNDER THE FEDERAL GOVERNMENT, 2011
0 Select the best option and fill in the appropriate box on the Answer Sheet:
- Who recalled Muhammad bin Qasim from Sindh?
‘ (a) Caliph Walid (b) Caliph Sulaiman
(c) Caliph Abdul Aziz (d) None of these
- What was the real name of Shah Waliullah?
(a) Qutabuddin Ahmad Faruqi (b) Qutabuddin Ahmad Siddiqui
(c) Outabuddin Ahmad Sved (d) None of these
- Who was formal teacher of Syed Ahmad Barelvi?
(a) Sheikh Ahmad Sirhindi (b) Shah Waliullah
(c) Shah Abdul Aziz (d) None of these
- Who for the first time translated the Holy Quran into Urdu language?
- Shah Waliullah and Shah Abdul Aziz
- Shah Abdul Oadir and Shah Rafiuddin
- Syed Ahmad Barelvi and Shah Ismail Dehlvi
- None of these
- Faraizi Movement was primarily a religious movement. What change Dudhu Mian
brought in the movement?
- Transferred it into a euerrilla movement
- Transferred it into a political movement
- Transferred it into a cultural movement (d) None of these
- Which of the following was/were the drawback(s) of the Government of India Act of 1858?
- Control of the Secretary of State for India and his Council was bureaucratic in nature
- Expense of the Secretary of State for India and his Council became a burden on Indian revenues
- Both (a) & (b) (d) None of these
- By how many member(s) the Executive Council of the Governor-General was enlarged under the Indian Councils Act of 1861?
(a) One member (b) Two members (c) Four members (d) None of these
- As per the Government of India Act, 1858, the transfer of the control of the Government
of India from the East India Company and assumption by the Crown was to be announced by Queen’s Proclamation, which was accordingly read in a Darbar. Where was this Darbar held?
(a) Calcutta (b) Allahabad (c) Allahabad (d) None of these
- Where. during the War of Independence, was Sir Syed Ahmad Khan posted?
(a) Delhi (b) Biinaur (c) Aligarh (d) None of these
- Sir Syed Ahmad Khan established a Translation Society (later, renamed as ‘Scientific Society’) in 1864. In which town was it founded?
(a) Bijnaur (b) Aligarh (c) Ghazipur (d) None of these
- In 1867, some prominent Hindus of Banaras launched a movement for the replacement of Urdu written in Nasta’leeq by Hindi written in Devanagari script as the Court language. In which province (s) was/were this movement started?
(a) Bengal Province (b) Central Provinces (c) United Provinces (d) None of these
- What was the designation of Sir Syed Ahmad Khan in M.A.O. School at Aligarh?
(a) Secretary, Manning Committee (b) President, Managing Committee
(c) Patron, Managing Committee (d) None of these
- Which organization is considered the first Muslim political body constituted to represent the Muslims of the subcontinent as a whole?
- Central National Mohammadan Association
- Urdu Defence Association (d) None of these
- Mention the important announcement(s) that was/were made by the Governor-General Lord Hardinge in his Darbar at Delhi in 1911?
(a) Annulment of the Partition of Bengal (b) Transfer of Capital from Calcutta to Delhi
(c) Both of these (d) None of these
- Which Muslim leader left the politics after the cancellation of the Partition of Bengal?
(a) Nawab Salimullah Khan (b) Nawab Viaqar-ul-Mulk
(c) Nawab Hamidullah Khan (d) None of these
- First Session of the All-India Muslim League was held on 29-30 December 1907. Where was it held?
(a) Lahore (b) Aligarh (c) Karachi (d) None of these
- “Few individuals significantly alter the course of history. Fewer still modify the map of the world. Hardly anyone can be credited with creating a nation-state. Mohammad Ali Jinnah did all three.” Who made these remarks about Quaid-e-Azam?
(a) Stanley Wolnert (b) Ian Stephens (c) Lawrence Ziring (d) None of these
- The All-India Muslim League observed ‘Day of Deliverance’ after the resignation of the Congress ministries. On what date was it observed?
(a) 22 October 1938 (b) 22 December 1939
(c) 22 October 1939 (d) None of these
- Who was the first leader of opposition in the first National Assembly constituted under the 1962 Constitution of Pakistan?
(a) Sardar Bahadur Khan (b) Khan A. Sabur
(c) Mumtaz Daultana (d) None of these
- In which year Pakistan became “Republic”?
(a) 1947 (b) 1956 (c) 1962 (d) None of these