FEDERAL PUBLIC SERVICE COMMISSION COMPETITIVE EXAMINATION FOR RECRUITMENT TO POSTS IN BPS-17, UNDER THE FEDERAL GOVERNMENT, 2020
GENERAL SCIENCE & ABILITY
❑ Select the best option/answer and fill in the appropriate Box on the Answer Sheet.
- The shape of our Milky Way galaxy is:
(a) Spiral (b) Elliptical (c) Lenticular (d) None of these
- Humidity is measured by:
(a) Polarimeter (b) Hygrometer (c) Hydrometer (d) None of these
- Electromagnetic radiation is higher energy than visible radiation in:
(a) Infrared rays (b) Microwave rays (c) X-rays (d) None of these
- Bond of H2O is:
(a) Ionic (b) Metallic
(c) Non-polar covalent (d) Polar covalent
- Which of the following is P-type semiconductor?
(a) Germanium (b) Gallium (c) Silicon (d) None of these
- In which atmosphere layer the temperature is about -90°C?
(a) Mesosphere (b) Troposphere (c) Thermosphere (d) Stratosphere
- Which of the following is non-sedimentary rock?
(a) Limestone (b) Sandstone (c) Granite (d) None of these
- Greenhouse gases absorb the:
(a) Infrared radiation (b) Ultraviolet radiation
(c) Visible radiation (d) None of these
- is viral waterborne disease. (a) Typhoid (b) Cholera (c) Hepatitis A (d) None of these
- The current recommended limit of arsenic in drinking water by World Health Organization is:
(a) 10 p2/L (b) 100 pg/L (c) 200 ug/L (d) None of these
- Which of the following is not a basic step in creating a worksheet?
(a) Copy the worksheet (b) Save workbook
(c) Modify the worksheets (d) None of these
- Set of programs which consist of full set of documentations is termed as:
(a) Database (b) File
(c) Software package (d) Software
- is the primary consideration in designing knowledge-based Al systems.
(a) Analogy (b) Efficacy (c) Efficiency (d) None of these
- Size of MAC address in computer network is: (a) 16 bits (b) 32 bits (c) 48 bits
- What is non-reducing sugar? (a) Maltose (b) Sucrose (c) Glucose
- Which of the following is unsaturated fat? (a) Cheese (b) Butter (c) Vegetable oil
- Which vitamin is known as ‘Blood clotting vitamin’? (a) A (b) C (c) K
- Planets between earth and sun are:
(a) Mercury and Mars (b) Venus and Mars
(c) Mercury and Venus (d) None of these
I/. Aedes aegypti transmits:
(a) Malaria (b) Dengue fever (c) Typhoid fever
- Which organelle is called powerhouse of cell?
(a) Mitochondria (b) Ribosome (c) Plastids