FEDERAL PUBLIC SERVICE COMMISSION COMPETITIVE EXAMINATION FOR RECRUITMENT TO POSTS IN BPS-17, UNDER THE FEDERAL GOVERNMENT, 2019
GENERAL SCIENCE & ABILITY
❑ Select the best option/answer and fill in the appropriate Box on the Answer Sheet:
- Permanent hardness of water is due to the presence of:
(a) Sodium bicarbonate (b) Calcium sulphate
(c) Calcium bicarbonate (d) None of these
- How many bones are in human body? (a) 204 (b) 205 (c) 206 (d) 208
- Which vessel provides blood to liver?
(a) Hepatic portal artery (b) Veins
(c) Arteries (d) None of these
- What is not included in earth’s environment?
(a) Lithosphere (b) Stratosphere (c) Biosphere (d) None of these
- Which control rods are used in nuclear reactor?
(a) Cadmium (b) Copper (c) Graphite (d) None of these
- Which country lies on equator?
(a) Kenya (b) China (c) Bhutan (d) San Salvador
- What is anthracite?
(a) Carbon (b) Pure carbon (c) Ammonia (d) None of these
- How many bits are required to store hexadecimal word AF?
(a) 2 bits (b) 4 bits (c) 8 bits (d) 12 bits
- What is pre-released soOftware’s version?
(a) Beta (b) Alpha (c) Gamma (d) None of these
- What organelles plant cells have?
(a) Cell wall (b) Vacuoles
(c) Cell wall and vacuoles (d) None of these
- What is the protein metabolism waste in human? (a) Urea (b) Ammonia (c) Magnesium (d) None of these
- Light year is the unit of: (a) Light (b) Distance (c) Depth (d) None of these
- T)he macronutrients of plants: (a) Nitrogen (b) Potassium (c) Phosphorous (d) All of these
- Atomic number is also called: (a) Proton number (b) Electron number (c) Both of these (d) None of these
- Which is the example of warm blooded animal? (a) Reptiles (b) Dolphin (c) frog (d) None of these
- Blood contains: (a) Red blood cells (b) White blood cells (c) Platelets (d) All of these
- H+ is yielded by: (a) Acids (b) Alkalis (c) Both of these (d) None of these
- What is said to the unavailability of a system’s thermal energy for conversion into mechanical work?
(a) Thermodynamic (b) Entropy (c) Negentropy (d) None of these
- Bronze medal is made up of metals (a) Copper, nickel (b) Copper, tin (c) Copper, silver (d) Copper, zinc
- The loudness of sound depends on its: (a)’ Wavelength (b) Frequency (c) Amplitude (d) All of these