COMPETITIVE EXAMINATION FOR RECRUITMENT TO POSTS IN BPS-17, UNDER THE FEDERAL GOVERNMENT, 2009
0 Select the best option and fill in the appropriate box on the Answer Sheet:
- Who is Nicolas Sarkozy?
(a) German Chancellor (b) Canadian President
(c) French President (d) President of Georgia
Correction: Former French President
- What position Hu Jintao holds in China:
(a) General Secretary of Communist Party (b) President of the Country
(c) Both a & b (d) Prime Minister of the country
- Who is the president of World Bank?
(a) Robert Brace Zoellick (b) Robert Bruce Gate
(c) Robert Bruce Lohaf (d) Bill Gates
- Where is the Headquarter of the Amnesty International located?
(a) Geneva (b) London (c) Paris (d) New York
- Asian Development Bank (ADB) was established in:
(a) 1964 (b) 1966 (c) 1968 (d) None of these
- Who were the three statesmen who formulated Non-Aligned Movement (NAM)?
(a) Gandhi, Nasser, Tito (b) Nehru, Nasser, Tito
(c) Zhou Enlai, Bhutto, Nehru (d) Sukarno, Nasser, Tito
- The permanent Secretariat of SAARC is established at:
(a) Kathmandu (b) Dhaka (c) Delhi (d) Islamabad
- Who was the founder HAMAS in 1987?
(a) Sheikh Ahmed Ismail Hassan Yassin (b) Yasser Arafat
(c) Abu Nidal (d) None of these
- How many official working languages are recognized by UN?
(a) 8 (b) 6 (c) 4 (d) None of these
- In which month does the UN General Assembly usually meet every year?
(a) August (b) September (c) October (d) November
- Alliance among India, Germany, Japan and Brazil to Support each other’s bid for permanent seat on UN Security Council is called:
(a) Alliance 4 (b) G 4 (c) Big 4 (d) None of these
- Which of the following countries have the power of veto in General Assembly of UNO? (a) USA (b) Russia (c) China (d) All of these
- The term of office of a judge of the International Court of Justice is: (a) 5 years (b) 7 years (c) iyears (d) None of these
- The Iran—Pakistan—India gas pipeline is also known as:
(a) Friendly pipeline (b) Peace pipeline
(c) Great pipeline (d) None of these
- The first parliamentary elections in Afghanistan were held in::
(a) 2004 (b) 2005 (c) 2006 (d) None of these
- Which is the National Flower of Pakistan?
(a) Tulip (b) Rose (c) Jasmine (d) None of these
- After “Pushtun” the largest — ethnic group in Afghanistan is: (a) Uzbeks (b) Hazaras (c) Dias (d) None of these
- The Capital of Argentina is: (a) Columbia (b) Barcelona (c) Buenos Aires (d) Peru
- What is the Capital of Nigeria? (a) Abuja (b) Algiers (c) Tripoli (d) None of these
Name the Currency of Sri Lanka: (a) Rupiah (b) Lek (c) Ringgit (d)