FEDERAL PUBLIC SERVICE COMMISSION COMPETITIVE EXAMINATION FOR RECRUITMENT TO POSTS IN BPS-17, UNDER THE FEDERAL GOVERNMENT, 2006
❑ Select the best option and fill in the appropriate box on the Answer Sheet:
- How many medals were won by Pakistan in the 18th Commonwealth games? (a) 3 (b) 5 (c) 7 (d) None of these
- The currency of China is:
(a) Rouble (b) Yen (c) Yuan (d) None of these
- In the absence of President, who becomes the acting President of Pakistan?
(a) Speaker of the National Assembly (b) Chairman Senate
(c) Chief Justice of Pakistan (d) None of these
- Han Myung has become the First Woman Prime Minister of: (a) South Korea (b) North Korea (c) Vietnam (d) None of these
- Douglas A. Silliman is the US Ambassador to:
(a) ‘Jag (b) Syria (c) Lebanon (d) None of these
- H5N1 is the name of a:
(a) Medicine (b) Vaccine (c) Virus (d) None of these
- Biman is the airline of:
(a) Sri Lanka (b) Nepal (c) Bangladesh (d) None of these
- Which country’s border with Pakistan is called Durand Line?
(a) Iran (b) Afghanistan (c) India (d) None of these
- Xinhua is the news agency of:
(a) China (b) Russia (c) North Korea (d) None of these
- The Headquarters of the UN Security Council is located at: (a) Washington (b) Paris (c) New York (d) None of these
- Who is the Governor of the State Bank of Pakistan?
(a) Dr. Shamshad Akhtar (b) Dr. Ishrat Hussain
(c) Sulman Shah (d) None of these
- Nobel Peace Prize for the year 2005 was awarded to M. Elbardei together with:
- United Nations Educational Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO)
- International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA)
- World Health Organization (W.H.O.)
- None of these
- Who is the United States, assistant secretary of state for South Asian and Central Asian a (‘fairs?
(a) Riyan C. Crocker (b) Nancy Powell
(c►Richard A. Boucher (d) None of these
Note: Currently, The assistant secretary of the US for South Asian and Central Asian affairs is Alice G. Wells.
- What was the magnitude of the Earthquake that shook northern Pakistan and Azad Kashmir on October 8, 2005?
(3) 5.7 (b) 7.5 (c) 7.7 (d) None of these
- Rafiq BahaudDin al Harriri had been the Prime Minister of:
(a) Libya (b) Lebanon (c) Syria (d) None of these
- Angela Merkel is the:
(a) President of France (b) First Lady of Britain
(c) Chancellor of Germany (d) None of these
I 7. Fourth Estate applied to:
(a) Executive (b) Secret Agency (c) Press (d) None of these
lt,! The author of “The Spirit of Islam” is:
(a) Sir Syed Ahmad Khan (b) Syed Ameer Ali
(c) Allama Iqbal (d) None of these
- The South Asian Association of Regional Cooperation (SAARC) Standing Committee had agreed in principle to grant an observer status to:
(a) China and Japan (b) Britain and France
(c) United States and South Korea (d) None of these
- George Washington was the First President of USA. Who is the incumbent Vice President of America?
(a) George Bush (b) Gerlanx Ford (c) Dick Cheney (d) None of these
Note: John Adams was the incumbent (first) Vice President of America.