1. Severe deficiency of Vitamin-D results in
(C) night blindness
2. People living in high altitudes (like mountains) usually have a
(A) smaller number of Red Blood Cells
(B) larger number of Red Blood Cells
(C) smaller number of White Blood Cells
(D) larger number of White Blood Cells
3. The average adult has a blood volume of about ________ liters.
4. The average internal temperature of human body is
(A) 35 °C
(B) 36 °C
(C) 37 °C
(D) 38 °C
5. Vitamin ________ is needed for the formation of a light-sensitive pigment in the retina.
(D) B complex
6. About ________ of the body weight of a mammal is water.
7. On wound ________ fight foreign particles, like bacteria.
(A) White Blood cells
(B) Red Blood Cells
8. Blood is carried towards the heart by
(D) none of these
9. ________ is essential for the formation of haemoglobin.
10. _________ are needed as a source of energy for the vital activities of the body.